Monday, January 10, 2011

Most Simple Party Dip

This dip is perfect for tailgates, parties, and especially football-watching parties. I made it last night for the Eagles v. Packers game and it was a huge hit. Making this would be a great idea for either the BCS National Championship game today or for the Super Bowl in February. I stole it from my boyfriends aunt without her knowing so let's hope I don't get it trouble for thieving someones recipe!!

Nutrition.... I may as well just keep away from that topic because this IS tailgate food, which is NEVER good for you... so, I used low fat everything and tried to be a little bit better but really, I just sucked it up.

The recipe is so, so simple. It's made in a crock pot but it could be made in the oven or maybe even the microwave also!

Simple Cream Cheese and Sausage Dip
Makes 7.5 cups

Ingredients:
3 packages of low fat cream cheese
12 oz. of breakfast sausage
3/4 can of Original Rotel
3/4 can of Hot Rotel

Directions:
Brown and drain the sausage and set aside.

Next, cut the cream cheese into cubes and add it to the crock pot.

Add in sausage and both Rotels with the juice. Set on high for about and hour, stirring occasionally.

Lower the crock pot temperature to low/warm and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment