Thursday, April 14, 2011

Just a little something to show you how EASY eating healthy really is!

Okay, so most of us look for a complete meal when we're trying to build our dinner for the night... that's something that contains your protein, your veggies/fruits, your grains and maybe even a few healthy fruits.

Some believe this is hard to do, but really, it is so, so simple.

Here is what I had for lunch to give you an example!


Now, you have your flat, whole grain bagel. This is super healthy and much easier to eat than an un-flat bagel ;) This bagel has one slice of provalone (dairy), half an avacado (veggie and healthy fat), and 4-6 slices of turkey (protein!) The sandwich alone would stand as a great, healthy lunch but, for me, it's just not filling enough. So, I added the second half of my avacado and a mandarin orange (fruit!!) So, there, it's just THAT simple. There is my complete lunch, which not only makes me feel great inside but I feel proud after I eat it because I've treated my body well.

Also, all of these things are relatively cheap, especially if you just keep them around the house for meals like this.

Simplicity is sometimes the best way to start.

Also, you could add many variations to the fruits, veggies, whole grains and lunch meats. Just make sure you try to stay away from extra sodium and sugar, it's always best to add your own so you know exactly how much is in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment